TITLE: On-Call, Temporary Behavior Intervention Specialist
HOURS: Hours vary depending on program needs; position runs through June 7, 2019
REPORTS TO: Behavior Intervention Team Supervisor
COMPENSATION: $25 per hour
JOB SUMMARY:The Behavior Intervention Specialist provides mediation, monitoring, and case management of students. The work is performed at a Saint Paul Public School working in close collaboration with a Behavior Intervention team working with building Teachers/Staff and following all building protocol.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide data collection for Middle School and/or High School students who need behavior intervention.
· Meet with students, parents and school staff to determine appropriate interventions for students.
· Coordinate work with the efforts of community Connection Coordinators working at other neighboring schools as well as the school staff in your building.
· Provide opportunities for students to have meaningful engagement with the restorative practices processes across classrooms and grades.
· Perform other program duties as assigned.
· Respond to all communication from partners in a timely, responsive and professional manner. This includes voicemail, email, and program specific communication as designated (cell-phone, etc.)
· Adhere to daily schedule, notifying supervisor, Programs Manager and agency front desk of any changes in schedule or anticipated unavailability.
· Maintain individual client records, and statistical information according to agency standards and specific program protocol.
· Participate in individual supervision and group consultation. Attend monthly BIP staff meetings and monthly all-staff meetings.
· Other tasks, committee assignments and/or special projects as assigned by supervisor/management team.
· Bachelor’s Degree + 3 years of experience OR Equivalent years of experience and demonstrated abilities working with youth and families. Experience providing deescalating, redirection and restorative practices in a school setting is desirable.
· Ability to work with youth and families from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well to a wide range of people
· Ability to work collaboratively with different professional teams
· Ability to exercise discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality
· Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, racial equity, and cultural/linguistic responsiveness
To apply, please submit resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Paul Youth Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates representing communities of color and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.