YouthPower Leadership Institute Fall 2018 Session for Black Boys & Young Men
5 STEPS IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS
1. make sure you meet the eligibility criteriA: black boys and young men ages 13-19 who are current or past participants in st. paul youth services' behavior intervention and/or pre-charge diversion, program(s).
2. COMPLETE AND submit YOUR application.
3. WE WILL CONTACT Eligible Applicants BY PHONE for an initial screening.
4. IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE, YOUR parent/guardian WILL BE INVITED TO AND must attend an in-person informational meeting. Youth and their parent/guardian MUST sign the HANDBOOK AND Code of Conduct.
5. Youth WILL BE SELECTED based on:
LEADERSHIP SKILLS AND INTEREsTs,
COMMITMENT TO COMMUNITY CHANGE AND to BUILDING A SAFE and SUPPORTIVE PEER COMMUNITY, and
ensuring participants represent A wide VARIETY OF SCHOOLS AND st. paul youth services' PROGRAMS.
WE WILL CONTACT PARTICIPATING YOUTH by mid-October.
ANY YOUTH NOT SELECTED FOR THE Fall 2018 SESSION WILL BE ADDED TO A WAITING LIST IN CASE ADDITIONAL SPOTS OPEN UP.
THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST in YOUTHPOWER!
who can APPLY?
Black boys and young men ages 13-19 who currently participate in St. Paul Youth Services' Behavior Intervention or Diversion program(s) are eligible to apply. Your application must include the name of a St. Paul Youth Services staff member who will serve as a personal reference for you. All information you provide to us will be kept confidential.
This program is meaningful and challenging, with high expectations and high support. Participants must meet all program expectations to earn the stipend and maintain their enrollment in the session. These include but are not limited to: regular attendance, wearing the tshirt (provided) during all YouthPower activities, creating an inclusive and positive community, contributing to all discussions and participating in all activities, demonstrating leadership, meeting all expectations, and taking responsibility for your behavior.