Position Opening: Director of Administration
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, exempt
Salary range: DOQ
Close date: open until filled
This position is responsible for ensuring agency-wide leadership for the administrative functions of Finance and Accounting, IT and Facilities with the current and long-range objectives of the agency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Finance & Accounting
- Manages the financial and accounting activities of the agency, including budgeting, financial reporting, cash management, IRS compliance, payroll, GL, accounts receivables, accounts payable, billing and purchasing.
- Processes employee payroll.
- Prepares and analyzes financial statements and interprets operating results. Works directly with outside accounting firm to ensure financial statements are accurate.
- Assists the Executive Director in preparing monthly financial statements and applicable supporting analysis for the Board of Directors.
- Provides specific recommendations for potential efficiency and revenue improvements.
- Oversees all cash management activities to ensure adequate liquidity, monitors cash flow, budgets and performance relative to budget.
- Conducts financial analysis of operational and business development activities as requested.
- Manages and reviews quarterly physician compensation calculations and distribution.
- Manages the employee benefits program.
- Implements and administers the agency’s IT program to ensure reliable, secure access to electronic data.
- Proposes hardware and software improvements based on knowledge and research of IT capabilities.
- Supports staff in routine troubleshooting and directs the activities of IT vendors, as necessary.
- Ensures that the agency's facility is safe and efficiently maintained.
- Responds to repair or general maintenance issues by staff and coordinates remediation, as appropriate.
- Other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
- This position requires a BS/BA or equivalent in Business Administration, Accounting or related areas of study.
- A minimum of five years of finance and accounting experience in a human services agency.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, racial equity and cultural/linguistic responsiveness.
St. Paul Youth Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Candidates representing communities of color and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.